lunes, 1 de mayo de 2017

In the land of the dark, the blind man is king.

Hello readers! What's upppppp

Resultado de imagen de anime goodbye

I have a lot of things to share with you all, this weeks I worked a lot!
I'm not going to do more rodeo! Let's start!


I modeled three bottles, are part of the "Ingredients project", Is the same project that I was experimenting that "substance toon generator".

So, for the first model, I wrote that it was a cobalt glass (Is an amazing material, I love that bottles, maybe my favorite kind of glass). A good challenge for an amateur of Substance Painter; well the first step was the colour.

Resultado de imagen de cobalt glass
(Reference Picture)

I made two layers, one bright and the other darker. In the project we can't have lots of opacity stuff for optimization, so I made this little trick.

(1st Picture: Material, 2nd Picture: how layers works)

First I tried with a gradient ramp, but it wasn't good, so I did it painting it with the brush.
Then, the "specular map", to simulate the rugosity of some cobalt bottles I made a fill map affecting only to the height one, Why the height map? Because It's going to simulate the effect of a translucent glass instead of the effect that roughness or metallic maps can do.


How I did it? Well, it was not simple, 

-First like I said, a fill layer with perlin noise in the height map affecting the position map, for my model I used a 0.1 of scale.

 
(Step 1, Step 2 and Step 3)

-The second step is a filter of "MatFinish Galvanized" affecting Rough, normal and height. For my model Scale 8 and flakes 0.1, the Image output with Position and World Space Normal. (The galvanized metal has not that touch but the style of how it looks is very similar.)


-The third Step is a blur for the height map, with a 4.5 intesity.

(This is how this layer looks)

And then the other layers, the decoration.

(Marmoset Toolbag 3 Screencaps)

I'm very happy with the cobalt effect, looks really good with the environmental lights!

Resultado de imagen de anime star eyes

More Stuff! The sword project, the city, I'm going to summarize this one a loooooot: (Why? Because was all hard work modelling)



Soon we'll start to do texture and material testing, but for now that's all, that's the progress 'till today.

And now my last work, I'm going to take part of a Substance Painter contest called Meet Mat, in it you must paint Mat, an Allegorithmic project example.

  
(This is MAT)

For my model I thought a lot of stuff, steampunk (for a change), halloween (for a change part two), a mix of both,,, etc. And I tested some things I had in mind of some of them, but or I didn't know how to squeeze the idea in the software or I didn't know how to do it well. 'Cause you can't add more geometry or use Zbrush to make a normal map for him. You can only use Substance Painter for all the textures and creative parts. So finally I made my idea of a Robot suit or Mecha style.

So I started with the colours, I wanted to use only 2 or 3, 4 as maximum. But always complementaries
And these ones are my favourite pairings. After lots of pictures of Japanese Mecha and American robots I chose the pink style, is more uncommon. And this was the process:

 

Talking with a friend, he suggested if I was going to put unicorns on it, and I said, yeah why not. And I did a vector of a unicorn I seen on the internet.


But was not a good election, maybe was too realistic for the style, and after some tests I deleted the unicorn.
So, what can I do - I said to me - Mmmmm, maybe, well, looks like hello kitty. 

For the Halloween test I did some skull vectors too, and were perfect for a "Hello Kitty" armor,
So I just only pasted it on the color map of the chest armor, drawn ears and a bow, erased the broken part, and this was the result:


Some Final details:


All The vectors were made by me, then modified on substance painter and based on some others seen on the Internet.


At last, some renders.


And That's all!

Resultado de imagen de anime clapping

To end the post I'm going to put some links where you can see my Meet MAT: MECHA

-Sketchfab: https://skfb.ly/67TIW


And I can't end the blog without talking about my new hero, Grape-kun the penguin with 2D waifu. You can read the full article here.

Kemono Friends

Thanks again to make this blog bigger with all the visits! It's a pleasure working for all the visitors! 

Have a nice weeks!

Resultado de imagen de bye my little pony

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario